Monday, January 24, 2011

New Song-One Trick Pony

(NEW SONG) ONE TRICK PONY

There's two in the middle of a cadillac
Ive got six lanes open aint coming back
my eyes theyll get heavy and my feet theyll get cold
some die young and some grow old

My heart was a valley to your open road
as tall as the trees when the seasons get cold
like a one trick pony or a dog in the field
these years roll by you like the spokes of her wheels
turning miles through austin on our way home
turning pages of my days and the heart that I sold

Build a ladder to the sun
step by step I've lost or won
close my eyes n hold my tongue
I won't stop til Im dead n done

Her words spilt kindly like the drink from the glass
while my life ran by me as it happened too fast
with your words through the windows to the grass in the fields
I would tell you my story if i knew what was real.

Duz




No comments:

Post a Comment